Scripture: Instead, we are God’s accomplishment, created in Christ Jesus to do good things. God planned for these good things to be the way that we live our lives. - Ephesians 2:10
We want our kids to learn important biblical truths.
- Every humane being has innate dignity
- Jesus died for our sins
- Possessions will never satisfy the human heart
- Death is not the final word
But before we can do a deep dive into any of these subjects we've got to get our basics straight. This month we'll be starting from the beginning with the most basic truths: God Made Us, and He Loves Us. This is so important because it helps us to understand that no matter what lessons we learn going forward we know that God is on our side.
As kids go back to school this week and everyone begins to settle into a new family rhythm at home, in class, and at work. It is important for us to regularly reflect on the truth that God made us - what does that mean for you? What does that mean for your child? How does it change the way you see the child in front of you?
The child in your home was created in the image of almighty, loving, just, and merciful God
How does that incredible truth change the way you handle things like:
- A poor grade
- A strange fashion descision
- Loosing their first tooth
- Learning to spell
- When the cool kids don't accept them
- Catching them in a lie
- The battle to keep a tidy room
- Standardized tests
- When they have identity issues
- Plans for post secondary
- Team try outs
When we remind ourselves that our children were created in the image of God and that He loves them MORE than we could ever imagine the way we view them changes, and the way we view ourselves changes.
I am so excited to build on this truth with you this year!
1. Download the Handout for this month - this year our take home sheets with be the same for a whole month . We hope that this will help you see what's coming up, and you can see how lessons fit together week to week. Familiarize yourself with the new set up and check out some of the at home activities and simple steps to reinforce the weekly biblical truths at home.
2. Pray - This week take 3 minutes to pray for your children. Pray that God would give you eyes to see them as he sees them, and pray that he would strengthen you this year as you lead them in faith and discovery.