Scripture: Instead, we are God’s accomplishment, created in Christ Jesus to do good things. God planned for these good things to be the way that we live our lives. - Ephesians 2:10
Last week we sent kids home with these simple truth: God MADE Me, and He LOVES Me.
This week we're going to learn that God didn't just make ME. He made EVERYONE and that means the people we read about in the Bible. God made these people special and He made them to do GOOD things.
This week we're diving into the stories in the Old Testament to meet some of the awesome people God created like:
- King David
- Queen Esther
Just like God made us to have a purpose and a calling, these regular men and woman did some really awesome things in the name of God that changed the course of history. This week we'll break into our small groups and each group will study a different story from the Old Testament.
- Preschool & Kindergarten - Creation
- Grade 1 & Grade 2 - Jonah
- Grade 3 & Grade 4 - King David
- Grade 5 - The Prophets
1. Download the Handout for this month - this year our take home sheets with be the same for a whole month . We hope that this will help you see what's coming up, and you can see how lessons fit together week to week. Familiarize yourself with the new set up and check out some of the at home activities and simple steps to reinforce the weekly biblical truths at home.
2. On your own time, read over the story your child is going to study this week. Take a few minutes to think about the story, what does it tell you about God? What does it tell you about your child? What does it tell you about yourself?